Monday, January 11, 2010

359 dip free days

I've been 359 days without a dip!!!!

I still sometimes struggle with cravings, but I am close to a year off this shit!

Will post something after I hit my year (but still must focus on today, of course).

I got off the gum within about 55 days or so (not sure, frankly, as I was focused on not dipping a lot more than the nicotine gum, a much lesser of two evils). Getting off the gum was a piece of cake compared to stopping the dip. Switching from nic gum to normal gum was frankly about as easy as giving up Bubble Yum for Hubba Bubba gum.

Thanks for reading this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. As a tobacco aficionado myself, I suggest getting into snus - the perfect alternative to dip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt:
    That is a horrible suggestion for someone trying to quit dip. That's like suggesting someone trying to quit cigarettes smoke Camel instead of Marlboro.

    I tried to quit dip using snus, and failed. For obvious reasons. Snus is simply dip marketed to girls, the dip equivalent of the wine cooler. It isn't quitting dip at all, but simply going to a skoal-bandit like substitute.

    I can't use chewing tobacco in any form, whether it's plug, dip, or snus. I tried them all, and they kicked my ass.

    The only substitute I found helpful was the nicotine gum, and I used that for about two months and stopped (though frankly if I had to choose I'd rather be hooked on the gum than on the tobacco).

    ReplyDelete