Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I made it three days!!!

The first three days are the worst in terms of crazy urges, I know from experience. Of course I am far from out of the woods. But I have been at home since last night and been able to give a respectful "No" to my urges to go to the store to score some Skoal (that's a tongue twister).

It is weird having all this free time at home. I don't have to sneak around putting in the dip, hide from my wife, waste time going to the store. I feel sort of empty without the dip. But I also see a hint of liberation.

I'm on day four. I am nowhere near out of the woods. I still am taking nicotine gum when I have the super urges (note no nicotine gum yet today!!!). But my goal was to stop dipping Skoal, so in that sense so far so good. The nicotine was really a small part of the overall habit, even if it is the most addictive part. I feel confident if I can continue with this giving up of the chew, I will be able to wean off the gum.

2 comments: