Sunday, January 25, 2009

One week!!!

I'm a week off the dip!!!

I know it's not a whole lot, and what is most important is just staying off the apple-flavored catshit today, but it feels nice to have gone through a full cycle, all my weekly habits etc, without putting it in my mouth.

The toughest time by far was Friday night, major urge. Yesterday I felt somewhat empty and bored, like there was a big gap in my life without the dip to occupy me on the weekend.

I'm using the gum a little less. After four weeks I plan to cut back to chewing a half piece of gum at a time (that's 2 mg of nicotine per dose rather than the 4 mg I get now with the full piece of gum).

But frankly right now I don't give a shit about the gum: just going through my life without the chew habits has been very fucking difficult. Going to the truck stop on the highway, playing video games late at night, doing boring crap at work, surfing the web on the weekend, all this stuff I did with the dip in. This past week I didn't. The gum has really helped me with the physical urges, but not completely, and not with the crazy strong habit-urges.

No comments:

Post a Comment